NorthBay Healthcare offers an ASHP-accredited PGY1 residency program developed for your success. It is a 12-month, full-time program that provides the essential qualities needed to help you become a well-rounded clinical pharmacist. Our program allows the individual resident to receive intensive training in a community hospital.
NorthBay Healthcare leads the way in providing advanced medicine to Solano county residents. Our compassion, our commitment to excellence, and extensive medical services are a testament to our enduring commitment to the local community. We strive to ensure that our patients receive the highest quality care close to home.
We received full ASHP accreditation in June 2012. All of our previous residents have each found positions in various areas of inpatient and outpatient practice and are applying all the skills they have learned while here at NorthBay.
- Decentralized Clinical Practice
- Interdisciplinary Team Membership
- Managing Medication Protocols
- Hospital and Ambulatory Care
- Complete Electronic Health Records
- Collaborative Learning Environment
- Career Development and Mentorship
- Stipend of $52,500
- 7 hours of paid time off per pay period
- Educational allowances for conferences
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 403(b) with match
During the program the Residents will:
- Independently perform clinical pharmacist and pharmacy dispensing functions while employing pharmacoeconomic principles
- Demonstrate leadership in managing pharmaceutical related processes and programs
- Educate other healthcare professionals, students, and patients on medications and health related issues
- Demonstrate professional maturity through commitment to the profession and dedication to life long learning
Residents will experience a variety of practice settings:
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Hospital and Clinical Practices
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Pharmacy Administration
- Information Technology
- Health System Administration
After completion of this program the Residents will be able to:
- Provide high quality pharmaceutical care for a variety of patient populations as part of an interdisciplinary healthare team
- Complete a longitudinal research project for presentation at state and national conferences.
- Learn strategies for managing medication use systems with emphasis on patient safety
- Attend educational conferences and medical staff meetings
- Precept pharmacy students and assist them in development of their critical thinking skills
Exceptional Support for Outstanding Careers
NorthBay Healthcare, a not-for-profit health-system, provides services to Fairfield, Vacaville, and neighboring communities. Our Pharmacy Service supports NorthBay Medical Center Hospital (140 beds), VacaValley Hospital (50 beds), and an anticoagulation clinic within our primary care clinic. Implementation of Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) positions NorthBay Healthcare on the leading edge of health-system technology.
CPOE supports our decentralized clinical pharmacy service model. Our pharmacy department is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to provide quality pharmacy services to our patients and medical staff. The pharmacy professional services are strongly supported by NorthBay Healthcare as demonstrated by the inclusion of key pharmacy positions:
- Medication Safety Pharmacist
- Clinical Coordinator Pharmacist
- Information Technology Pharmacist
- ICU Pharmacist
- Oncology Pharmacist
- Anticoagulation Pharmacist
- Clinical Decentralized Practice Pharmacist
- Pharmacy Management Team
Our Clinical Pharmacy team’s reputation is defined by professional integrity and the quality services that we provide to our customers.